Kirk W. Masters B. Engineering
51 Guildford Crescent, Brampton, Ontario, Canada L6S 3K2
905 790 6456 firstname.lastname@example.org
A Technical position where Interpersonal, Planning, Programming, Selling, and
Problem Solving skills can be applied.
Excellent Interpersonal & Listening Skills
Team oriented person
High energy and drive-multi-task oriented
Solve problems -excellent record-very adaptable
VB 6.0 Programming skills-Covering Desktop and Enterprise Solutions
(Distributed Applications- 3 Tier), including MS Transaction Server, MS
Message Queue, ADO 2.0, Com/DCom and Active X Controls
Java Programming for Database and Web Solutions
Knowledge of RDMS SQL, Stored Procedures, MS SQL 6.5 & 7.0/Access 97
Excellent planning and co-ordination skills of large complex projects. Wrote
Co-ordination Plans for Startup of several very large industrial plants.
Utilize MS Visual Modeler, MS Visual SourceSafe & MS Component Manager
Apply MS Solution Framework
Web Development Skills: MS InterDev 6.0, FrontPage 98/2000, MS VJ++6.0.
HTML/DHTML/ CSS, ASP. Scripts: VB & Java
- Successful High Level Technical Sales (8 years) Major
Industries-Refineries, Chemical Plants, etc. Top salesman award-always
exceeded sales goals
- Experience writing Technical Manuals: Startup Manuals, Operating and
Maintenance, In-service Reports, Proposals.
Bachelor of Engineering Carleton University Top 25% Class
- Basic Programming, Fortran Programming
- Dos 6.2, Win 3.1, Win 95, Win 98, WinNT Server 4.0,
- MS Office 97 Word, Access, Excel
- Visual Studio 6.0 EE Visual Basic 6.0 Desktop & Enterprise
- Mastering Series Microsoft MCSD Program
- Web Page Design (since 1996)- FrontPage 98 & 2000,
- MS InterDev 6.0, MS Visual J++/ Java 2.0, ASP, HTML, DHTML, Scripts:
Java & VB
- Sales training-Xerox and Face to Face Programs
- Extensive documentation library for reference (over 50 titles)
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer Program Outline:
- Started in 1996 VB 4.0. Mastering VB 4 and Win 95
- Full time study of MCSD program from Oct 20/98 to present.
Selected course agenda:- 4 core courses required.
- VB 6.0 Development for Desktop Solutions 70-176
- VB 6.0 Enterprise-for Distributed Solutions 70-175
- Distributed Application Design & Development 70-100
- MS SQL Server 7.0 70-019
Training- VB 4.0 (1996), Win 95 Mastering for System Engineer
-Introduction and review of C & C++ to Visual C++4.0 6 weeks
-VB Fundamentals, VB Learning Edition, VB Mastering Series-
from Nov/98 to present- course requirements from MS web site.
-MS Mastering Series titles utilized
-SQL 6.5 and SQL 7.0 from Feb/99, MS VJ++6.0, Java 2.0
1996-Present Web Site: Amazing Coral Reef: FP98/2000/Jscript/Java/HTML
VB Programs:(3-Tier Enterprise: Island Hopper News) & (2-Tier Desktop:
State University Bookstore). Atomic Energy of Canada Limited:-"Calculation
of Pressure Drop across nuclear fuel bundle for U-2 cooling loop"-Fortan
1992-1998 Conestoga College/other Hospitals / RPN Toronto Hospital
1991-1992 Philip Environmental Hamilton Operations Manager
1986-1990 Calgon Canada- Technical Sales/Service
1985-1986 Alchem, Burlington-Equipment Department Manager
1982-1985 Drew Chemical, Sarnia-Technical Sales/Service
1975-1982 Ontario Hydro, Tiverton- Plant Engineer
Interests include: Fishing, boating, coaching (baseball), hiking, walking,
golfing, carpentry, music (organ), internet, language study (Spanish),
computers, saltwater reef aquariums; writing articles-(Saltwater Corner).
There is available a $3,000 training allowance for additional courses